Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekly Summary 9/13/15-9/19/15

9/13/15-9/19/15

3 weeks to Chicago Marathon
This week was the highest mileage week in my training cycle, and the highest weekly miles I have done in any training cycle. While most marathon programs don't have you running more than a few 20/22 milers, I typically include many 20+ training runs all the way up to 26, and this cycle was no different. I ran 7 20+ runs including three 24's and a 26 miler this weeks. After struggling to break three hours three marathons in a row, missing by only seconds, it wasn't until I added a 26 mile run into my training that I was able to break 3 hours, and this approach has worked well for me since.

This cycle I also wanted to up my overall mileage by adding longer mid-week runs. With my schedule it was a challenge to get more miles in during the work week, and many days I had to run twice a day to do so, but I've I've put in more quality miles, and I'm hoping this will translate to a PR performance at Chicago.

Sunday - 12 miles
Monday - 5 miles easy
Tuesday - 7 miles @ goal pace
Wednesday - 5 miles fartlek
Thursday - 15 miles (run 1: 10 miles @goal pace, run 2: 5 miles easy)
Friday - 10 miles @ 7:00 pace
Saturday - 26.2 miles @ 7:45 avg. pace 
Weekly total:  80.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment