Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekly Summary 9/20/15-9/26/15 - 2 weeks to Chicago

9/20/15-9/26/15

2 weeks to Chicago Marathon

I typically do a three week taper for marathons. This was the first week of my taper, and after pushing myself to get through a hard 80 mile week, I was definitely looking forward to a lighter week. To start the week I had planned for an easy 6 miles on Sunday following my 26 mile long run the day before, but I was feeling pretty banged up and tired so I decided a complete rest day would be best.

For the last few weeks I have been experiencing a soreness in my heel. I thought it was just tender or bruised, but I am beginning to think it might be the dreaded plantar fasciitis. In my 20+ years of running, I have never had this problem. So far the pain comes and goes, and it has not prevented me from running, but it is a concern. I will continue to ice, massage and stretch with hopes that I can get through these last two weeks of training and the race without any issues. I'll deal with it after Chicago if I need to.

Sunday - Rest

Monday - 5 miles easy
Tuesday - 7 miles @ 7:00 pace
Wednesday - 9 miles w/4 miles at 6:29 goal pace
Thursday - 5 miles easy
Friday - 7 miles @ 6:29 goal pace
Saturday - 16 miles @ 7:15 avg. pace 
Weekly total:  49 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment